As you may know the K.R.C. Junior Squad is currently operating near maximum capacity and we are very limited in our ability to take on new beginners.
However, in order to provide an opportunity for juniors to experience rowing we will now be running the following ‘Learn To Row’ course during the October school holiday:
Course 1 – 22nd Oct to 26th Oct 2018
This is a stand-alone one-week school holiday course running Monday to Friday from 10.00 am to 16.00 pm each day and covering all the basics of rowing including:
• Introduction to the Boathouse
• Introduction to the rowing stroke on the indoor rowing machine or "ergo"
• Introduction to the equipment used - parts of the boat and oars
• How to get into and out of the boat
• Water safety / confidence drills / capsize drill
• Building rowing strokes in the boat on the water
• Rowing in time together as a whole crew
• Fine tuning blade work, power application, balance and teamwork
This course is aimed at those with no previous rowing experience and is open to juniors over the age of 11 on the 1st Sept 2018 and who are able to swim competently.
The coaching team will be headed by Course Leader Chris Griffiths. All K.R.C. coaches are C.R.B. checked and British Rowing qualified.
The total cost for the course will be £250 and, once a booking has been confirmed, a £60 non-returnable deposit will be required.
Please note that Junior Squad vacancies are normally very limited and there is no automatic progression to the Junior Squad upon completion of these school holiday courses but where possible we will try to accommodate juniors, who are interested in joining, if we have particular gaps within the squad age / sex distribution with preference given in the first instance to younger age groups.
If you are interested in booking a place please