Walton & Weybridge Regatta 21st May
KRC had good representation with lots of crews from junior, senior and masters squads competing. We had a very successful day with 6 wins and some notable performances from other crews. Lots of our younger juniors and novice seniors gained useful racing experience.
- Mas G/H 1x Paul Dare - making it 2 wins from 2 regattas by beating the Mas G sculler from Weybridge by 1 1/2 lengths.
- W J18 2x Louise Bate and Niamh Paterson-Moody. Showing some class, Louise and Niamh won both their heat and final by 3 1/2 length and were sculling really well.
- W Mas A/B 4x- Rachael Kugele, Caroline Willett, Anja Williams and Emma Scruby. Produced the fastest W 4x- time of the day and won the final by 1 1/2 lengths over Guildford. Pictured below.
- W Mas A 2x Rachael Kugele and Caroline Willett. Got away with a blistering start and settled to win comfortably by 4 lengths. Pictured below.
- W IM3 1x Henriette Storen. Won in style with an Easily verdict.
- W Nov 2x Kirsty Warner and Amelia Reeves. Won their heat and semi 'easily' and the final by 3 1/2 lengths - a good way to win a novice pot.
Other notable performances:
Amelia Reeves got through two rounds of W Nov 1x and went down in the final.
The M Nov 8+ raced in the last event of the day, and were involved in a very exciting race against St George's College. The lead changed multiple times during the race but we unfortunately finished just a canvas behind on the line.
Weybridge Ladies Regatta 22nd May
The senior women fielded 9 crews and managed to win with 5 of them.
- W Mas B 4x- Rachael Kugele, Caroline Willett, Sohpie Kenedy and Anja Williams. A good start and then drew away steadily.
- W Mas A 2x Rachael Kugele and Caroline Willett. Another great performance from this combination, Caroline and Rachael sculling neatly to win their fourth event of the weekend.
- W IM3 4x- Kirsty Warner, Kakay Halle, Kam Grernsranoi and Emma Scruby (pictured below). A very well steered course by Emma contributed to a comfortable win for this crew.
- W IM3 2x Kirsty Warner and Kakay Halle. This has to have been one of the closest races I have ever seen - neck and neck all the way down the course they just snuck ahead in the last few strokes to win by inches.
- W IM3 1x Henriette Storen (pictured). Easy heat and then had real fight in the semi final - after a good start she got 1/2 length ahead which was the distance all the way up the course to the finish line. A more comfortable final!
Other notable performances:
W Nov 2x of Molly and Melissa were winning their heat comfortably but then decided to play with the buoys which resulted in an overhead crab costing them the race.
W Nov 4+ of Leigh, Sarah, Lene, Kam and Jen had a very exciting race losing by just a canvas.
A great weekend for the senior women's squad with 9 wins from the two regattas, taking them up to 22 so far this season which compares very favourably with their 12 season wins from 2014/15.
Well done to Kirsty Warner, Amelia Reeves, Kakay Halle, Kam Grernsranoi from the senior women's squad and Louise Bate and Niamh Paterson-Moody from the junior women's squad who all won their novice sculling pots this weekend.
Bourne @ Chiswick Regatta 7th May
Our sole entry at this regatta was Paul 'Dan' Dare in Masters H 1x and he won his final over Twickenham RC by 2 lengths to secure his first of we hope many regatta wins this season.