This years Kingston Head of the River Race will be on the 18th March 2017. Division 1 will start at 11:00am and Division 2 at 2:00pm
The flyer with event and payment details is now available.
Please ensure you read the 'Instructions for Crews' and understand the 'Course Map' below as a minimum before boating.
We are pleased to announce a Spring "Junior Learn to Row" course.
This popular course will be held from the 3rd April to 7th April 2017.
The course will run from Monday to Friday inclusive, from 10.00 am to 16.00 pm each day and will cover the following topics:-
- Introduction to the Boathouse
- Introduction to the rowing stroke on the indoor rowing machine (ergo)
- Introduction to the equipment used, parts of the boat and oars
- How to get into and out of the boat safely
- Water safety / confidence drills / capsize drill
- Building rowing strokes in the boat on the water
- Rowing in time together as a whole crew
- Fine tuning blade work, power application, balance and teamwork
The coaching team for this course will be headed up by Course Leader Chris Griffiths. All KRC coaches are CRB Checked and British Rowing Qualified.
KRC men competed at the British National Rowing Championships at Holme Pierrepoint Nottingham on the weekend of October 22/23. We entered in a new 'Club Shield' category for 4- and 8.