There was a tragic occurrence at Kingston Rowing Club on Saturday morning, 17th September, when Rosie Mitchell collapsed and lost consciousness while rowing. Paramedics arrived promptly on the scene but were unable to revive her and she died in hospital shortly thereafter. Rosie was 15 years old. Our hearts go out to Rosie’s parents, Rachel & Andrew, family and friends.
The Club have opened a Book of Condolences for Rosie Mitchell. The Book will be open for two weeks to allow as many members as possible to contribute, should they wish. The Book is in the Club entrance hall, between the kitchen and bar.
We would welcome all members to contribute - perhaps a few words about Rosie, a shared memory with her, maybe simply a message of support and sympathy for her parents and family.
Please do not remove the Book from its table.
These are the dates for the upcoming start of season meetings. If you are a current member or aspiring member please come along.
- Women's Squad Start Up - Saturday 10th Sept at 08:00
- Men's Squad Start Up - Saturday 10th Sept at 09:00
- 2016/2017 Captain's Start Up -
Saturday 17th Sept at 11:00-
New Date: Thurs 29th Sept at 9:00 pm in the hall
We are pleased to announce an October Half Term KRC "Junior Learn to Row" course.
The course will run from Monday to Friday inclusive, from 10.00 am to 16.00 pm each day and will cover the following topics:-
- Introduction to the Boathouse
- Introduction to the rowing stroke on the indoor rowing machine (ergo)
- Introduction to the equipment used, parts of the boat and oars
- How to get into and out of the boat safely
- Water safety / confidence drills / capsize drill
- Building rowing strokes in the boat on the water
- Rowing in time together as a whole crew
- Fine tuning blade work, power application, balance and teamwork
The coaching team for this course will be headed up by Course Leader Chris Griffiths. All KRC coaches are CRB Checked and British Rowing Qualified.
Kingston Small Boats Head 2016 will be held on 5th Nov 2016 in two divisions. The 1st Division starts at 10:30. The 2nd division follows at 14:00.
The entries poster lists the events available. Entries close 28th October or earlier if the division is oversubscribed.
Please ensure you read the 'Instructions for Crews' and understand the 'Course Map' below as a minimum before boating.
- The start order will be published here after the draw has been made.
- Instructions to Crews
- Course map